Textile Printmaking Weekend
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd December
10.00am - 4.00pm.
This course will provide an introduction to textile screenprinting. Learn how to put an image onto a screen and how to print. Apply heat press techniques such as foiling, flocking and puff binder to embellish designs and introduce different surfaces and textures to the printed fabric. Experiment with printing layered and textured effects on textiles. Students will go home with a number of textile experiments and fabric samples.
About the Tutor
Alex Palmer graduated from Loughborough University in 2010 with a 2:1 BA Honours in Printed Textiles Design. Currently working at De Montfort University in the Printed and Dyeing Textiles department, Alex works closely with students introducing a variety of printing/dyeing techniques to enable the students to further develop their work.
Alex also produces dyed/printed textiles outside of her usual work to keep her inspired and on trend with what is happening in the textiles industry.
- Welcome to LPW
- Briefing on what to expect from the weekend and intended outcomes, look at examples of techniques.
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: Introduction into the types of imagery that can be used in textile screenprinting, making repeat designs and discussing disperse dyeing
- Opportunity to discuss images and ideas with tutor
- Exposing screens
- Experimenting with screens onto calico
- Looking at colour – inks and print pastes
- Layering imagery
- Introducing flocking / foiling and heat press techniques
- Continue experimentation
- Opportunity to print up any of your own textiles / products
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.