Solar Plate Day
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 4th November
10.00am - 4.00pm.
A day course introducing this photo-etching process that uses photopolymer plates that are developed and 'etched' in water. A simple process that captures very fine detail producing beautiful prints from photographic or drawn imagery. Learn how to apply your design by exposing and developing the plate. Ink up the plate and learn how to take a short edition.
About the Tutor
Nick Mobbs is an East Midlands based artist whose practice combines photography and printmaking. He studied Fine Art Printmaking at the Royal College of Art and now teaches Fine Art at the University of Nottingham and Printmaking at De Montfort University in Leicester.
- Introduction to LPW and the course.
- What is a Solar Plate? Principles of the process and examples.
- Preparing artwork for the process.
- Exposing and developing the plate. Demonstration and hands on practice.
- Demonstration and hands on practice.
- What is a halftone? Demonstration of applying a halftone in Photoshop.
- Self-directed work.
Clean up and close of course.