|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th September
10.00am - 4.00pm.
This weekend course introduces the main principles of screenprinting. You will learn how to transfer an image to a silkscreen and print onto paper, in addition to exploring layering, colour, registration and stencils. This course is ideal for beginners or those wishing to refresh their skills.
About the Tutor
Nick Mobbs is an East Midlands based artist whose practice combines photography and printmaking. He studied Fine Art Printmaking at the Royal College of Art and now teaches Fine Art at the University of Nottingham and Printmaking at De Montfort University in Leicester.
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to the weekend
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: Introduction into the types of imagery that can be used in screenprinting
- Opportunity to discuss images and ideas with tutor
- Demo: How to put your image onto the screen
- Demo: How to print
- Printing imagery and troubleshooting
Sunday (am + pm)
- Demo: Using paper stencils to create block colour
- Print and experiment for remainder of day