|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Sunday 15th October
10.00am - 4.00pm.
A day introduction to printmaking with lino. Design your image and transfer it to your piece of lino. Learn how to cut the design to leave a relief surface. Ink up and print using hand burnishing and the press. Take home your original linocuts at the end of the day.
About the Tutor
Sue Rowland is a textile artist and printmaker whose work includes detailed illustrative lino prints created alongside layered textile prints embellished with machine embroidery and applique. Sue is well known for her large scale community and schools textile and lino print projects in the East Midlands and is part of the tutor team at Leicester Print Workshop.
Recent projects include: A Myriorama for Nottinghamshire
- Introduction to cutting techniques and mark making on sample piece
- Design on paper and transfer to vinyl
- Cutting your lino design
- Learning to print using a press and hand burnishing.
- Explore printing with different colour inks and using different colour papers.
- Addition of colour using Chine-collé.