Repeat Pattern Textile Screenprinting
|Leicester Print Workshop
|Date & Time
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November 2023
- Introduction to textile screenprinting.
- Look at a variety of fabric samples to find inspiration for your own printed length of fabric.
- Learn how to coat a large screen and whilst that’s drying, how to draw a textiles repeat square. Then taking imagery from your own artwork, photocopy and place on repeat square to begin to create the first section of your repeat design.
- Learn how to create a ‘cut through’, an integral part in creating a seamless repeat. Once completed, the rest of the design will be filled in.
- Using opaque mediums, the design will then be transferred by hand to the drafting film ready to expose onto screen.
- Designs will then be exposed onto the screen ready for printing.
- Learn how to mix colour.
- Practice printing whilst checking the design on screen.
- Print the strike off.
- Print length of fabric with your own unique print design.
About the Tutor
Alex Palmer graduated from Loughborough University in 2010 with a 2:1 BA Honours in Printed Textiles Design. Currently working at De Montfort University in the printed and dyeing textiles department, Alex works closely with students introducing a variety of printing/dyeing techniques to enable the students to further develop their work.
Alex also produces dyed/printed textiles outside of her usual work to keep her inspired and on trend with what is happening in the textiles industry.
Leicester Print Workshop
Leicester Print Workshop is the regional development centre for printmaking. Established by artists in 1986, we are a registered charity, supported by Arts Council England. Our RIBA award-winning building is situated in Leicester City Centre's Cultural Quarter and is home to a large, well equipped open access Printmaking Studio.
We have over 30 years’ experience of teaching people printmaking. Our programme offers the largest number and broadest range of printmaking courses in the region, with courses suitable for beginners as well as experienced printmakers, delivered by practicing artists and nationally renowned tutors. Participants learn in small and friendly groups in our purpose-designed studio.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.