Screenprinting with Hand Cut Stencils
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 14th November
10.00am - 4.00pm
This one-day workshop focuses on the colourful technique of screen printing using hand cut stencils. Draw and hand cut simple stencils of your own artwork, design or pattern.
Learn to screen print onto paper using your stencils, silk screens, squeegees and water based inks. Register and screen print layers of different colour to create more complex multi coloured prints. Produce a small edition of up to ten A4 size screen prints on A3 size paper.
- Introduction and health and safety information.
- Introduction to the workshop using examples of different designs, hand cut stencils and finished screen prints.
- Demonstration of how to prepare designs and hand cut stencils.
- Demonstration of how to set up to screen print, register different layers and screen print one and two colour prints.
- Demonstration of how to clean screens and equipment.
- Draw an A4 design suitable for hand cut stencils.
- Use scalpels to hand cut stencils of the design.
- Register and screen print the first layer of colour.
- Register and screen print one of two more layers of colour.
- Produce six to ten finished screen prints on A3 paper.
- Clean up and evaluation.
About the Tutor
Karoline Rerrie is an illustrator and printmaker based in Birmingham. She has specialised in screen printing for ten years and exhibits her work in galleries and at print fairs around the UK. As well as using photo stencils, Karoline also works with hand cut paper stencils to create colourful limited edition prints. Alongside making her own prints she enjoys teaching screen printing and regularly runs workshops for children, young people and adults.
Leicester Print Workshop
Leicester Print Workshop is the regional development centre for printmaking. Established by artists in 1986, we are a registered charity, supported by Arts Council England. Our RIBA award-winning building is situated in Leicester City Centre's Cultural Quarter and is home to a large, well equipped open access Printmaking Studio.
We have over 30 years’ experience of teaching people printmaking. Our programme offers the largest number and broadest range of printmaking courses in the region, with courses suitable for beginners as well as experienced printmakers, delivered by practicing artists and nationally renowned tutors. Participants learn in small and friendly groups in our purpose-designed studio.
Early Bird: This course is eligible for a 5% early bird discount when booked online by 30th September 2020. Don't delay, book today!
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.