Colours of India
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Sunday 10th November
10.00am - 4.00pm
An experimental lino print day - using Indian pattern and design as inspiration to create a series of vibrant prints.
Print your designs onto collage backgrounds using Indian handmade papers and learn to add colour to your print using chine-collé. You will also learn repeat and overprinting techniques.
- Introduction to lino cutting techniques. Looking at simple mark making and texture.
- Selection of design, something simple with a lot of white in it which will allow the collaged backgrounds and chine colle to be effective. Transfer of your design to lino.
- Cutting your lino design.
- Inking the block
- Learning to print using hand burnishing and the press
- Creation of collaged backgrounds using Indian handmade papers
- Exploration of adding colour with chine colle
- Experimentation with repeat prints using your lino plates
About the Tutor
Sue Rowland is a textile artist and printmaker whose work includes detailed illustrative lino prints created alongside layered textile prints embellished with machine embroidery and applique.
Sue is well known for her large scale community and schools textile and lino print projects in the East Midlands and is part of the tutor team at Leicester Print Workshop.
Recent projects include: A Myriorama for Nottinghamshire
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.