Radical Zines Workshop
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 9th November
10.00am - 4.00pm
Zines are self-published small publications with a history rooted in DIY culture. Learn about the exciting history of this responsive book form and design and print your own zine in a day using screenprint and collage techniques.
- Introduction to the day
- Short presentation on Zines: What are they? Short History? Why we make zines? Who makes zines? 2019 Zines?
- Examples and discuss outcomes for the day
- Quick demonstrations of screen printing and zine making
- Attendees will thumbnail/prototype different zines, considering format, binding, pace and content.
- Start creating your Zine, screen printing on already exposed screens, layering images using different colours
- Printing an edition of 5
- Binding the dried pages together using simple binding methods
- Group presentation of participant's zines
About the Tutor
Will Wright is an award winning Illustrator from Leicester who graduated from De Montfort University in 2013. His work is made up of abstract shapes and bold colours. Since leaving university he has worked for a number of clients, exhibited his work in exhibitions such as Pick Me Up and sold work all over the UK.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.