Colours of Mexico
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd June
10.00am - 4.00pm
This weekend course is an amazing opportunity to work across disciplines - using lino to create expressive cut lines and inked areas which then combine with screenprinted backgrounds to complement and highlight the linocut. You will learn how to design your images, cut and print the lino and use stencil screenprinting. You will also be adding extra areas of printed collage with a technique called 'Chine-collé' so a course full of colour and content to really excite the palate.
- Refresher on lino cutting techniques. Looking at mark making and texture.
- Discussion about design and selection of design to best suit addition of screen print. Combining design elements. Transfer of your design to lino.
- Cutting your lino design.
- Printing the block
- Addition of colour to the work using chine colle
- Learning how to make paper stencils for screen printing and register these with your lino print
- Creating paper stencils
- Learning how to screen print backgrounds and printing a selection to use. Learning how to mix screen print inks and how to wash the screen
- Printing your lino over screen printed backgrounds
- Experimentation with different colour inks and chine colle and collage to create different prints
About the Tutor
Sue Rowland is a textile artist and printmaker whose work includes detailed illustrative lino prints created alongside layered textile prints embellished with machine embroidery and applique.
Sue is well known for her large scale community and schools textile and lino print projects in the East Midlands and is part of the tutor team at Leicester Print Workshop.
Recent projects include: A Myriorama for Nottinghamshire
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.