Monoprint with Letterpress
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 1st December
10.00am - 4.00pm.
This day course is designed to allow experimentation and to build confidence with letterpress. You will learn alternative inking and printing techniques to allow you to develop and extend your practice.
About the Tutor
Theo Miller is a visual artist and printmaker, born in Leicester. He gained a first class degree in Fine Art from De Montfort University in 2014. Miller is currently living and working in Leicester as an Artist and also as a Technician for both Leicester Print Workshop and De Montfort University.
Printmaking, for Miller is an axis, a locus. He describes the beauty of printmaking to be that the final image is always affected by, and integral to the process itself. Miller is currently focusing on Letterpress, after being granted the Print Futures Award 2017.
- Health and safety.
- An introduction into the letterpress area and location of both lead and wood type.
- Demonstrate how to print from type on the presses being used on the course.
- Demonstrate how to hand burnish from type.
- Demonstration of the possibilities of paper masks and ghost printing.
- Demonstration of gradient rolling.
- Demonstration of transparent colour.
- Time for further experimentation.
- Demonstrate how to clean both type and the press.
- Cleaning, tidying and close.
Early Bird: Bookings made within one month of the Course Programme going live are eligible for a 5% discount for this course.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.