Tuesday Print Club - Drypoint
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Tuesday 4th September - Tuesday 9th October
11am - 1pm.
|Tutor||Technician: Theo Miller|
Print Club is an opportunity to gain confidence and build printmaking skills as part of a small group in a technician led series of sessions.
Focusing on one technique: Drypoint over six weeks, the first week will comprise teaching and demonstrations, whilst subsequent weeks take the form of self-directed, guided sessions, encouraging participants to use the time to explore and experiment with the technique.
Drypoint is an intaglio technique whereby the drawn line is incised onto the plate surface using a needle. This line is then filled with ink and when rolled through a press with damp paper on top, produces the print. A significant feature of drypoint is the softness of the line which is produced by the burr kicked up by the plate surface when inscribing the image, which then holds ink.
- Week One – H&S Induction to LPW, followed by an introduction to Drypoint, how it differs to etching and you will start making your drypoint plate.
- Week Two – Carrying on from week one, a continuation of learning about drypoint and how to use the type here at LPW.
- Week Three – Focus on developing techniques.
- Week Four – Further techniques such as chine-collie and time to create more plates.
- Week Five – a more self-directed week for building on what you have learnt, with direction from the tutor to improve and develop.
- Week Six – another more self-directed week for building on what you have learnt and with another chance to look at what you have done over the weeks.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.