Drawing & Printmaking Bank Holiday Course
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 26th May - Monday 28th May
10.00am - 4.00pm.
|Tutor||Sue Baker Kenton|
You will be supported by the tutor as you use three printmaking techniques, Monotype, Gum Arabic Transfer & Carborundum to build your drawing skills and develop a personal project.
The course includes practical activities that:
- Extend your mark making – using non standard tools and contrasting drawn and found marks.
- Increase your understanding of composition – looking at image orientation and using stencils and scale to create structure
- Use overprinting to develop your understanding of colour
About the Tutor
Sue Baker Kenton is a visual artist whose work is rooted in observational drawing. Her images evolve over time in a considered and reflective way, echoed by the processes in which they are rendered: primarily etching and lithography.
Recent work includes Ghost[ed.] a collaborative stone lithography project
Sue is a member of the tutor team at LPW and is the specialist printmaking tutor for the UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, City Lit. In September 2016 she began two years as etching fellow at the RA Schools.
- Discussion with examples of techniques using examples.
- Introduction of project activity – using source material bought along by participants (see information – what to bring)
- Demos and practice: Direct monotype, indirect monotype, layering stencils, colour, individual work supported by tutor 1:1’s
Demos and practice: Carborundum plate construction
Participants will set their own pace – therefore are free to rework and develop yesterday’s monotypes if they have time
Demos and practice: Gum Arabic transfer, layering onto monotypes, using Stencils and colour, additional drawing/ folding techniques/ image orientation, varnish carborundum plates
Demos and practice: Inking & printing carborundum plates, layering onto monotypes/drawings, using stencils/colour, additional drawing/folding/image orientation
Individual work supported by tutor 1:1’s – technical demonstrations as needed.
Participants will set their own pace and are free to rework and develop previous project images
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.