|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 10th March
10.00am - 4.00pm.
|Tutor||Sue Baker Kenton|
The perfect day to learn all about etching. Using nitric acid with zinc you will learn how to prepare the plate, apply a ground, make an image, etch the line and take the print.
About the Tutor
Sue Baker Kenton is a visual artist whose work is rooted in observational drawing. Her images evolve over time in a considered and reflective way, echoed by the processes in which they are rendered: primarily etching and lithography.
Recent work includes Ghost[ed.] a collaborative stone lithography project
Sue is a member of the tutor team at LPW and is the specialist printmaking tutor for the UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, City Lit. In September 2016 she began two years as etching fellow at the RA Schools.
- An introduction into the studio, H&S and the day.
- Examples of hard grounds, plates, tools, materials and proofs
- Demo: How to prepare your plate
- Demo: How to ground your plate
- Individual work, supported by tutor 1:1’s as needed
- Drawing your plate
- Demo: Biting your plate
- Demo: Proofing your plate
- Continue working plates – additional drawing (optional)
- Demo: Monotype wiping techniques
- Demo: Surface rolling techniques
- Demo: A la poupée techniques
- Demo: Chine-collé techniques
- Continue working plates and proofing
- Proofing your plates
- Tidying studio
- Informal review of prints and feedback
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.